Monday, March 15, 2010

ZAP!

My box blew last night.

Exhausted and uncharacteristically straight-faced, I said that to the manager at Svendsen's. He said, "WHAT was that??"

I simply repeated the poorly-worded statement, eyes too tired to lift from the pile of wire, terminals, and accoutrements on the counter in front of me. He followed my gaze and was all sympathy: "That's rough," which is serious stuff from a big outdoorsy guy like that. He cut me a deal on the wire because he thought it was ringing up too high. They are so good to me there.

Paul says he'll come over tomorrow to do the real work. I have to rig up a way for him to sit, since his legs don't work much. I'm thinking Bosun seat slung from the boom, since reaching the junction box from outside the lazarette is a joke.

I blew $50 on an adapter so I could plug a power strip into the shore power cord; not having to throw away all the healthy crap I packed into the fridge will pay for it. (It's a small fridge, but mighty.) Also, it means me and the cat get to use the heater tonight. Purrrrrrrrrrr

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone.

Location:Ballena Blvd,Alameda,United States

No comments: