Sunday, December 6, 2009

Sweet Lethe

What a stunning night!

Words I never thought I'd say after sleeping alone.

I've been finishing up projects that have been hanging around forever, but had almost ground to a halt. Amdst yesterday's planning (by which I hoped to start a new trajectory) I went to pick up a package. It contained a heated mattress pad I had ordered in a pain fog earlier last week.

For the first time in years, I climbed into a warm bed. For the first time in months (my circulation is slightly worse) my feet were not two clenched little icicles. I slept like a rock. No waking up to rub a freezing limb. No stirring awake to smother an imminent draft. No agonized dozing, waiting for the chill to ease.

I slept.

I woke up and fed the cat in the morning, then climbed back in u til the cabin warmed up. Woke up 4 hours later after wonderful dreams.

That was a pain-fog worth having. I wonder what life will be like now that I can sleep like that? And I wonder how long it'll take me to catch up on rest, so I can actually get out of bed before 10?

No comments: