Saturday, December 13, 2008

Order from chaos, bit by bit
//225 words, ~1/2 page

I'm wrapped up in departure work: thinning out the garbage & Goodwill (mostly done), moving stuff out of my expensive dry storage in Santa Cruz into musty storage in Alameda, and organizing boat & car so that the one can be left and the other lived in.

I'm putting all my sails into the storage locker ashore, which means my forepeak will be functional storage again for tools, litterbox, and (believe it or not) printers. My cat and I are both looking forward to having an easier time with output.

The stern bows something wicked when you push on the motor. Not good, but it can wait. I'm pretty sure it's not going anywhere. I thought of building stringers (think in terms of half-pipes, molded against the hull and glassed in, forming lightweight structural support) but, though it's a good idea, I can't quite get started.

I did do something about the lazarette: the formless chaos under the cockpit is now a well-organized rope locker with one spare gas can, the parts for attaching the engine, and a single (huge) box of rags. I can get to anything, without everything else being in the way. MUCH easier on these paws.

Another WW II quote, though I'm not sure who said it: We'll do what we can, until we can't. Very sensible.

No comments: